Sunday, September 16, 2012

Color Run Fun






My big girl had some fun in RVA this weekend at the Color Run, dubbed the Happiest 5K on the Planet.  After visiting the website and seeing all the awesome pictures taken, I definitely want to participate in this event when it comes back to town or close by.

The Color Run benefits a local charity in each city where it is held. This year the selected charity was Church Hill Activities and Tutoring (CHAT). CHAT creates and sustains intentional communities that are dedicated to transforming the lives of at-risk youth in Church Hill by equipping them to rebuild the city through academic instruction, character development, life skills training, job-readiness and internship programs, and health and wellness activities. Visit their website at www.chatrichmond.org.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time with Paris while she was here.  I'm totally OCD about germs and infections, so she and her crew stayed at her Dad's. It's funny how your kids come home and have agendas and so many 'things' going on, but I had to see my girls face and wrap my arms around her before she left.  I loved the few moments I had to spend with Paris and the LC girlies. That actually goes down as the quickest visit to date, 00:30:00.

I realize this stage and phase of life for Paris, is going and growing but I'm so glad we are able to talk, Skpe, and Factime several times throughout the week.  It allows us to connect, remain abreast of the happenings and affirm our relationship in a new way.  I'm looking forward to kicking Aplastic Anemia and treatment to the side and living freer, doing more and not missing out on things I/we would normally be doing.  Right now in this season of our lives, caring for Reya and guarding/protecting her from any and all things that could prove harmful is our top priority.

I love you pare, paulap, apari, pipi....my heart, my sweet girl and original road dog.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart....prayers that your lives return to normal very soon!

    ReplyDelete