Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sick and Shut In

This is day 3 of the 'Three Amigos' being at home sick. By now I feel like a caged animal waiting to run free. I couldn't wait for my husband to get home last night so I could go out and return library books and pick up some cleats for my son. That was the highlight of my day. Pathetic, I know. Handling the sick and shut in requires some creativity. Something other than videos or video games all day. Fresh air, imaginative play, reading, writing, drawing, coloring. I felt like I was homeschooling. Which isn't a bad idea, but not one I believe I'll be carrying out. So between the little ones we have strep throat, sinusitis, an upper respiratory infection, bronchitis and everyone has an ear infection and somehow Makinley got lucky and has it in both ears. Whoa-nelly! We spent the weekend battling high fever, body aches and vomiting. This has been quite the season of illness and germ sharing. I'm thankful that I'm not sick, nor is my husband or the teen queen. We are now fever free and everyone has had at least 3 doses of antibiotics. That is, after I took it back to the Pharmacy to be flavored because two threw it up and one refused to take it after the 1st dose.

I must share one really EXCITING thing that has transpired since we've been holed up in the house. Makinley has started going to the potty. Trust that we have been making it a MAJOR deal over here. The kids have been showering her with hugs, kisses, high fives, hand claps and dance parties. She's doing the potty dance and I'm doing the $I hope we can stop buying diapers soon dance$ I'm so excited and proud of her. I won't share the small incentive I've given her to continue this practice, but it's working and I'm knocking on wood and thanking God that she is continuing to do it.

I'm thinking tomorrow I'm a free woman. So I'll push the babies out of the nest, and have a few hours of free time to myself. Sleep is an option, hitting the gym would also be good, even better I can go to Barnes and Noble and tuck myself into a little corner and read my Nook uninterrupted. I'm getting excited just pondering the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment