Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy April Fool's Day?

Today is one of those days over the last few years, I've learned to plow through.  It's April Fool's Day and undoubtedly many will try to pull a fast one over on you.  My kids have even been walking around trying to make me think they've done the unthinkable, but the simple fact they are presenting such outrageous scenarios allows me to go along until the punch line.  'April Fool's Day' as they burst out in laughter. 

Today is also the birthday of one of the finest men to walk on this earth.  He's was taken away to soon and he is greatly missed.  Days like this are often hard to maneuver through.  Just as the day of his eternal passage to heaven, my parent's anniversary, and all the family holidays. Don't get me wrong we get together and it's still an awesome occasion full of love, laughter and fun, but we especially enjoyed spending and celebrating this day together as a family.  Today is a reminder there won't be the usual gathering, but we know he's having an even greater celebration in heaven surrounded by so many he loves.

How I wish he was here to see the children grow up. I wish he had the chance to meet Ms. Makinley.  That one would have been his match.  She's just the right amount of sugar and spice!  To see Mireya, the quiet, observant one that could always make him smile, fight one of the greatest fights ever with such bravery, grace and poise.  To see the bright, sweet, and loving boy Jalen is (the first boy in the family), and to witness Paris 'matriculate' as he used to say and take college life on so beautifully. 

Words fail to express the magnitude of your absence in our lives.  Your life, your wisdom, and your example of being all you could be for your family has equipped us to do and be the same.  You are missed and you are loved.  We do all we can to to keep your legacy and memories alive.

My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~ Clarence Budington Kelland

No comments:

Post a Comment